- ergonomic design
- fits most types of toilet seats
- easy to fit securely on top of your toilet seat due to its large size
- portable – can be used anywhere
- easy to clean
- made of durable material
If you’ve just had a baby, your doctor might recommend a postpartum sitz bath.
The process of a sitz bath is to soak the perineal, anal, and genital areas. You might have a tear, stitches, or hemorrhoids, or you might be swollen and sore. A warm sitz bath can help relieve pain, reduce inflammation, improve hygiene, and promote blood flow.
If you’re having trouble standing in the shower after having your baby, or you can’t shower, you can use a sitz bath to gently clean the genital area.
- Wait three days after giving birth
- Use warm water, not hot water
- Fill the sitz bath 2/3
- Cover your whole vaginal area
- Drain the water and fill it again with warm water once it cools
- Sit for 10 minutes, three times a day
- Let the area air dry or gently pat dry with a towel